Saturday, April 3, 2010

My Begginings and Towards the Future

I started with playing on neopets. And working on stupid guild layouts. And that's how I got into the whole photo-manipulation and putting one image over another concept. From that I started a website called Graphix Nightmare and that lasted give or take 3 years and turned into Wonderland Effect.

Durring that whole spiel I began to adore Vector Art. Those big fancy wallpapers that have little silhouetted islands on them with like swirls and things. And from that I read several tutorials on how to make said vector art. It has only recently been that I have taken the same ideas and applied them to drawings instead of photographs.

When My parents had begun the whole college search with me I had no idea what I wanted to do. It was everything from a Play therapist in a hospital to a Historian. But None of those Ideas worked, It wasn't really until my grandmother had told me that I should be a graphic designer that I had any intention of doing that.

From that I chose a liberal arts school and declared graphic design as my major. It wasn't until this year that I had any formal art classes. And I am planning on taking more.

Although I had wished that I had started art classes in school and that maybe looking back I should have gone to an art school. I still have chosen to make this my career, and seeing every part of the field makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment